Wednesday, December 10, 2014


Reflective Post


Every drop of knowledge is worth reflecting upon.
Photo Credit to mommamia on Flickr


This semester in the EME 2040 course I have learned a great deal about incorporating technology into the classroom and into a lesson plan and curriculum.  It is important for teachers to be able to connect with their students in a way that engages them and holds their attention, what better way than by using technology.   This course has challenged me and pushed me beyond my comfort zone but it has been a good experience and has taught me many new and interesting things.  This class has taught me to use technology to enrich lessons and teaching techniques in the classroom.  It has also given me first-hand experience with software, programs and even gadgets that gave the class a better understanding of available technologies that are available for use by student and teachers.  Another great lesson I learned from this course is giving credit to those whose images I use, the course introduces me to Flickr, Creative Commons and BibMe that help to give credit to authors and owners of images and resources used.  I also learned about the influence that learning theorist have on teachers and teaching techniques and how to incorporate these techniques into preparing a lesson.  This course emphasized the importance of the teaching standards and where and how to access these standards.  This was an informative class which most certainly kept me busy and challenged, but the one thing I would suggest to improve this course would be for the professor to assign more group projects earlier on in the semester to encourage a more collaborative environment among the fellow students, I felt as if I didn’t really know my classmates until the very end of the course.  Besides that this was an all-around great learning experience which has taught me not to be afraid to make mistakes but rather learn from those mistakes and embrace the technologies that are out there for me to discover.


References:

Maloy, R. W., Verock-O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S. A., & Woolf, B. P. (2014). Transforming learning with new technologies (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment